Argos Sanctuary
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Saying Hello

4 posters

Go down

Saying Hello Empty Saying Hello

Post  steveandjune Tue Mar 11, 2008 10:22 pm

Hi
June & I are great dog lovers and will be moving over to Cyprus on the 2nd of April. We came across this forum on one of the other forums that we have joined and love to see that there are some caring people out there. When we move over we would like to get a dog and the breed that we would realy love would be a Great Dane, so if anyone can point us in the right direction we would be very grateful. We are aware of the Great Dane Breeding establishment Cyprus but we would rather rehome a young Dane if at all possible, failing this we would be looking for a medium to large dog.

Cheers
Steve & June

steveandjune

Back to top Go down

Saying Hello Empty Re: Saying Hello

Post  helen Wed Mar 12, 2008 6:10 pm

Hi Steve

Check out this site
http://www.apollodane.com/blog/2006/08/03/good-morning-world/

As you will see they are based in Paphos
If you give Paul a ring, he is a really nice man, I am sure he will know of every Great Dane on the island

Good luck with the move

Helen

helen

Back to top Go down

Post  Elysia Thu Mar 13, 2008 10:15 am

Hello there!

A friend of mine found an abandoned puppy that is just absolutely huge. Her paws are bigger than my German Shepherd's and she can't be more than 4 months old Laughing I joked that she must have some Great Dane in her. Alternatively, would you be interested in finding a large dog from a dog shelter? Anyway, if you want I can post some pics of her Wink

Elysia

Back to top Go down

Post  steveandjune Thu Mar 13, 2008 8:04 pm

Hi Elysia
Yes please, if you could email some pics for me that would be great. email address is glosdj@blueyonder.co.uk
We would sertainly take in a resue dog as we are not interested in pedigree dogs.
Cheers
Steve & June

steveandjune

Back to top Go down

Post  helen Fri Mar 14, 2008 5:08 pm

Saw this on another forum and thought you might be interested
Cheyenne was taken to the Sirius Dog Sanctuary 5 weeks ago, having been found in the bondu. His chances of survival were slim,as he was emaciated and close to death. A lovely couple have nursed him back to health, but he is still underweight, and wary of people and noises. He is currently in a flat in Limassol which is now not ideal as he needs to have a garden, and to be exercised. Today we tried to re-home him with other kind people, but unfortunately he wasn't happy with their dog, so we had to return him to Limassol.

Cheyenne is a beautiful mix between a Pointer and a Doberman, with black & Tan markings. He is very docile and loves being in a car, however, when he is out, he can get a bit excited when he sees other dogs and cats. About 3 years old, he is now too strong for the lady who is looking after him, and he needs to be given some training. He is a very intelligent dog, and will learn quickly.

Cheyenne needs a home where he will initially be a lone dog. It is also better that there are no young children, as he is nervous.

Whilst we would love Cheyenne to find a permanent home with owners with experience of big dogs, a foster home with caring people, in a home with a garden would also be good for him.

If you feel that you have the experience, and patience to help this poor animal, even if only on a temporary basis, please contact me. Christine 25 933993 Sirius Dog Sanctuary

helen

Back to top Go down

Post  steveandjune Fri Mar 14, 2008 10:28 pm

Hi Helen,

Thank you very much for your reply, we are currently in contact with the couple that have Cheyanne and we are arranging to meet with them and of course Cheyanne Smile once we arrive on the 2nd April.

Thanks

June and Steve

steveandjune

Back to top Go down

Post  Sandy Mon Mar 24, 2008 7:45 am

Hi Steve and June

Welcome to our board! Where in Cyprus will you be living?
I hope you join us all at ARGOS in helping all the unwanted and abused animals. We have many fund raising events you may like to get involved with.
Hope to meet you someday.

Sandy cat

Sandy

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum