Argos Sanctuary
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Thunder needs you

3 posters

Go down

Thunder needs you Empty Thunder needs you

Post  Admin Sun Feb 17, 2008 7:22 pm

Thunder needs you Thunde10

Admin
Admin

http://argossanctuary.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Thunder needs you Empty thunders story

Post  michelle Sat Feb 23, 2008 3:49 pm

id like to change a few things on thunders story as there seems to have been a mix up, firstly Thunder was brought to us by his owners for a follow up therapy to help him regain his sight, we were trying to get the opinions of many veterinary doctors to see if we could help him, unfortunately nothing worked and while he was staying with us someone broke into our kennels stealing 2 dogs and they let thunder free, Thunder can never be free he has absolutely no sight, and is loosing his other senses as well including sense of smell, he wandered into the local forest we think and must have walked into tree after tree, his head was badly damaged and his eyes are now purple and filled with blood, to make matters worse the police had found him and kept him for a whole 7 days without even checking his tattoo or his microchip, i got a call from the army bases saying they had him, i didnt recognise him when i saw him he was such a mess, Thunder was retired from dog shows way before he went blind, his blindness has nothing to do with his owners decision to stop him from going in the dog shows, they are a working family and thought it would be better if they put thunder in a kennel, after 3 months Thunder went blind and the cause could have been for a number of reasons the truth is noone really knows why, its been a very difficult time for Thunders owners they love him deeply but they know the reality of owning a blind dog and how much time it takes, so we are working with argos to help find someone who has the time who can help thunder find a home, thunder was never shunned if he was they wouldnt have turned to us for help, his owners just want whats best for him.

michelle

Back to top Go down

Thunder needs you Empty Re: Thunder needs you

Post  Admin Sat Feb 23, 2008 8:54 pm

Hi Michelle, I appreciate you putting the record straight. I only forward info passed to me by the Argos staff. I will make sure that they see your post as soon as possible.

Kind Regards

Louise

Admin
Admin

http://argossanctuary.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Thunder needs you Empty Re: Thunder needs you

Post  Star Mon Feb 25, 2008 10:07 pm

Hi Michele,
thanks for the clarification.
regards
Stella